compositor not available error400

MDC1961

• 2 months later...

With the vive pro:

1. pressing the blue button to turn the headset off.  then pressing the blue button back on. 

2. then restarting steam vr

worked for me to clear the same error (400 compositor not available)

Glad you fix yours.

For me when I have Error 400, what fixes the issue is  to shut down PC and turn off and on the switch on the back ofPC.

Don't knwo the magix behind it, but this works a lot of times.

• 7 months later...

I went to control panel and uninstalled Steam VR and Steam VR for Mixed Reality. Then restarted the machine, opened Steam and went to the store to search for the Steam VR and Steam VR for mixed reality packages and reinstalled both in that order. No need to find another USB port or mess with Settings in Steam/Steam VR. I believe it might be a system update that broke the packages. Also it will save all your game information and settings (despite any warning). No need to rerun setup for VR also as your border/playspace will remain intact as this resides in the Windows Mixed reality settings. 

• 2 months later...

I been having this problem for more than 1 year, I tried everything, EVERYTHING, and this problem keeps, sometimes it worked by his own (yeah) I reconect all the cables and base stations, and nothing work, As I say, Sometimes works, other's no

Archived