Nearly 1 year with an open support ticket

drnod7

HTC Vive Support is terrible. I sent back my 3-1 Cable on 4/6/17. I paid nearly $900.00 for this system and my $40 cable broke after 1 week of use. I contacted them and paid $10 to return for a new one. The system WILL NOT WORK without this cable. I have been told my cable is shipping tomorrow, and then 4 days later... tomorrow. Then 5 days later... back ordered for 3 more weeks. Wait a couple weeks later and nobody knows what I'm talking about. $900 just sitting there because the makers of this product can't get their hands on their own equipment.

Nearly 1 year has gone by and they still can't get ma a cable and every time I call I get escalated and promised an email which never comes.

I have determined HTC Vive division is happy to say "Yes sir! Right away sir! we're here to help sir!" without any real action behind their words. Your support agents are supposed to be the friendly face of your products and company. But the hollow "Yes men" you have placed out in front is a thin veil that we customers can see right through. This attention could have been easily avoided with some basic communication. The VR industry is very young and needs to ALWAYS have its best representing it. You need to make your customers your sales force. Make us preach about you and your products to everyone we meet. But instead you've got me walking around telling people about your useless support team. Good customer service is the crux of your business; everything hinges on interactions between you and me. You should have just given me a new cable for free, without requiring me to spend money to ship it to you. It is the least expensive thing for the VIVE and would have been an awesome story of customer service rather than another horror story of an uncaring big business.

Update: It seems I have been heard. The support staff on this forum have determined to help me and have overnighted me a replacement cable. I'm happy to see that HTC is finally putting in place a system where the customer can find real actual help. I hope this continues so I can preach about the Vive without a disclamer about the support. Thank you "Synthesis" for your quick reply and even a personal phone call to assure my satisfaction. It was the medicine the doctor ordered.

Archived