Vive Pro: Pre-order and Full Launch Details - *Official Announcement Thread*

Well I certainly won't be buying a pro.  800 quid more ontop of the 800 quid I spent on the current vive with absolutly zero resale value on my existing headset.

When you announced the pro it was said there would be an upgrade path for existing users which just included the headset.  Yes you have provided this sort off but at a stupid cost way more than the entire community was expecting.

This is incredibly disappointing.  For someone who purchased a Vive and Deluxe audio strap just DAYS before the vive pro was announced. 

After trying the Vive and finding the low resolution to be too distracting and nausea inducing,   I was Very much looking forward to the Vive pro.

My hopes were high when it was announced that there would be a headset upgrade path for existing Vive customers.   Unfortunately that couldn't have been further from the truth! Instead of rewarding loyal customers you are punishing them and pushing them to competing VR headset makers! 

You have lost me.  Anyone that wants an almost new Vive let me know.

What an absolute disappointment.. 

There already are other options!  The samsung Headset is $499 at full price and it comes with everything. 

It has identical specs to the Vive pro.  In fact If I was to guess... I would bet they use the same screens. 

I had already told myself.. $499.00 to upgrade would be my limit since I could buy an entirely new unit for that much.

This price gouging is just wrong on every level. They are not even slightly competetive within the market that they just priced themselves out of.

So that is the upgrade path for current owners, it is about as good as you could expect, I think a lot of people were deluded and thought they could do a trade-in and just pay the difference, Currently as a version one owner I see no point at all in upgrading just for the sake of it, The only point of the upgrade is the screen door issue which honestly is not actually noticeable unless you focus and look for it.

For the people whining about the price, don't buy a new apple or samsung phone this year for once.

Such a kick in the teeth for people who have been using vive for years. Yeah you an buy the headset alone but its at a crazy pricepoint. Are you on glue? The biggest problem for me is that you still have to buy a separate adapter to make it wireless which was the biggest selling point of this new version and the biggest problem with the last imo. Considering that the lighthouses and controllers alone cost the same as a full standard vive kit it makes me wonder how much the headset actually costs vs what the RRP is.

C'mon HTC ... you release a "upgrade" to the headset, without the controllers or lightcubes, but NO trade-up program? This product is clearly designed for existing VIVE owners, why not offer a "buy back"/trade-in for our existing HMDs? You can resell them as refurbs or use them for parts ... they're useless to us if we upgrade. Please reconsider.

I know this is an issue with being an early adopter of tech, I bought into the Nvidia 3D Vision very early on and what a waste of money that was and this is going the same way (kind of).

I love my vive, I shouldn't though be now in a frame of mine where I am considoring atternate manufacturers for a next upgrade path.

Archived