Vive Pro accessories doubt

Uri

Hi there, this is my first post.

I'm thinking of purchasing the new Vive Pro glasses, but as said on the website, they will come without controllers and base stations.
My question is, are these ones, showed in the Accessories tab, the same that comes with the current Vive (no Pro model) glasses?

If so, I do not understand why I have to spend 600€ extra for these accessories, when this is the same price as the Vive model and it comes with them included in the pack.

I can purchase then this pack, and later purchase the Vive Pro model, when its price starts getting down.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi 

Currently, the accessories offered for sale on Vive.com are the original models. The Vive Pro HMD will work with the original controllers and base stations. Later in the year we will be launching a Vive Pro kit with controllers and base stations. The specific details of that announcement are still coming.

Thank you,

-John C

If you are using first gen trackers, they'll work with the Pro if you're using basestation 1.0 for your tracking system. If you're using 2.0 you'll need the new tracker. BS 2.0 is only required for those wanting to take advantage of the advanced features - the first gen Vive works well with bs 1.0. 

Thanks all for your quick responses.

So, by your comments looks like in the upcoming months a new version of Base Stations and Controllers will be released. Correct?

By the Tracker, you mean the device that you can attach into a racket and play Tennis games? (sorry for these questions, but I'm new on this, and I would like to understand everything before going ahead with the purchase.)

What is your recommendation? Can I go ahead and purchase the current model (Vive) or wait some time (undefined) till the new version of accessories are released and purchase the Vive Pro? Is it worth to wait and pay a bigger amount of money? 

Thanks guys.

Based on the context, I believe  is referring to the 2.0 sensors in the Vive Pro that work with the 2.0 Base stations.

It's ultimately your choice. There are some things to think about though:
If you already have a Vive kit, the Vive Pro HMD will be an upgrade for your HMD. Your controllers, base stations will still work.
If you do NOT already have a Vive kit, you might be better waiting until the full Vive Pro kit has been released, since the HMD alone won't be sufficient for a VR experience. (Unless you go and buy base stations and controllers seperately) 

Thank you!

-John C

As I posted in my original reply, they are the original generation. (With the exception of the Vive Tracker, which is capable of 2.0 tracking.) The 2.0 Controllers and Base Stations are coming later this year with the full Vive Pro kit.

Thank you.

-John C

• 1 month later...

Archived