USB cable recommendations

tobi_s

I've been searching around a bit with no satisfying results, so I thought I'd ask.

I want to attach a peripheral to the Vive Pro. For this I need a short USB-C to Micro-USB cable which plugs into the USB-C port in the headset and then into my peripheral. Space inside the headset is very cramped, the plug on all the cables I could find is too large, and therefore I need some force to fit the cable into the channel and reattach the cover.  There are cables with a shorter plug, but none that I could find have both a short plug and a Micro-USB connector on the other end.

So my question is: can anybody provide me with a pointer to where I could source USB-C to Micro-USB cables with a USB-C plug that is short enough to comfortably fit into the Vive Pro? Ideal length would be 30cm, but that is secondary to having an option that works without forcing.

Heh, if the biggest vendor uses shorter plugs, others will follow :) Thanks for the pointer, for development it can do.

I'm actually a bit surprised by how rare USB-3 to Micro-USB cables are. I mean, most of the time I would be plugging a Micro-USB cable into that adapter anyway. The only common, modern device that would need a big square USB port are hubs -- which you could accomodate with a USB-3 hub. You can buy those with USB-C plugs, perfectly suited to your host device.

Archived