Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

Vive Staff
yesterday
Which adapter are you using? We're officially recommending this adapter:

USB-C to 3.5mm adapter connected to Vive OG earphone / JH Roxxanne / 64 fourte ---- no sound at all.....

The USB C port does not work for audio, when I plugged my headphones in it does not even have power.

BTW, I tested the same USB-C to 3.5mm works on phones (Pixel 2 XL) but not on the Vive Pro...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrote:

I am shocked at the complete lack of any kind of decent customer support or even empty BS public relations "we're still working on it" coming from this company. I will be going onto all of relevant the high member numbers Facebook, Reddit, and other social media groups to shout from the rooftops for people to avoid this product.  Congrats HTC, way to alienate and piss off your customer base.

The built in headphones have no bass at all, despite what people have "claimed" they fixed it.

This is what I believe to be an hardware issue.

The so called "Build in amp" in this product is basically false advertising.

Even an $500 phone will sound better than this.

This type of customer support is unacceptable for a product of this price and requirement.

Please spread the words to all social media, YouTubers (SweViver ,mixed reality TV ,Tested) and tech related websites (Engadget, RoadtoVR)  ... Exposing The Truth...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/8gmqyx/htc_vive_lawsuit/

wrote:

I am shocked at the complete lack of any kind of decent customer support or even empty BS public relations "we're still working on it" coming from this company. I will be going onto all of relevant the high member numbers Facebook, Reddit, and other social media groups to shout from the rooftops for people to avoid this product.  Congrats HTC, way to alienate and piss off your customer base.

this is a repost, was deleted by admin /mod.. screenshotted

The built in headphones have no bass at all, despite what people have "claimed" they fixed it. (Vive Pro Audio Worse than DAS...)

This type of customer support is unacceptable for a product of this price and requirement.

Please spread the words to all social media, YouTubers (SweViver ,mixed reality TV ,Tested) and tech related websites (Engadget, RoadtoVR) ... Exposing The Truth...

reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/8gmqyx/htc_vive_lawsuit/

Count me among the many who are extremely disappointed with the audio for the Vive Pro.

There has been no software fix and HTC has gone radio silent.

I have to assume at this point that HTC either doesn't know or doesn't care about the problem, or it's a hardware issue.

wrote:

Count me among the many who are extremely disappointed with the audio for the Vive Pro.

There has been no software fix and HTC has gone radio silent.

I have to assume at this point that HTC either doesn't know or doesn't care about the problem, or it's a hardware issue.

admin / mod deleted my post again... screenshotted and on video

The built in headphones have no bass at all, despite what people have "claimed" they fixed it. (Vive Pro Audio Worse than DAS...)

Please spread the words to all social media, YouTubers (SweViver ,mixed reality TV ,Tested) and tech related websites (Engadget, RoadtoVR) ... Exposing The Truth...

the msg got deleted by admin/mod suddenly reappeared ^^

i have it on video 

I didnt double post or spam on vive forum and my post disappear in under 5mins...

thats why i repost my msg and have it recorded on video and screenshotted...
so the pr guy / fanboy cant framed me for breaking the rules ^^

You will get an e-mail in a few days saying that they thought you were a spam account. That is what they did to me as well when I started to call it out as a hardware problem.

Funny how that works....

I too would really like a response to this. I've read so many say they have updated their HMD firmware, but no one has shown any evidence of that actually being the case. You can check by opening SteamVR, and from the menu choose to generate a System Report. Go to devices in that report and you will find a section listing information for your HMD. There is firmware version and dates show. Mine still shows firmware from Feb (so release version). I have yet to get an update notification and all my devices show as up to date to (Vive Pro, controllers, lighthouses). At this point, I am doubting people have actually updated the firmware ON their HMD. But I too would love to confirm that and see if we are missing one. Would anyone who says they did an update, copy paste their HMD information from their System Report so we can compare?

FWIW I do not believe it is a hardware issue.  I have had no issues with my Pro and it sounds great, better than my DAS I was running with TPCast.   It takes a bit of manipulating to get the ear phones to cover my ears just right but then it is fine.  I do not use the volume control on the headset, my global volume setting is about 35%-40% and is plenty loud.  If I bump it up to 70%+ it approaches painful.   I have an Asus ROG 370 series MOBO so my audio is being managed with the ROG Sound Studio III app and I have selected Vive Pro Multimedia Audio as my output device.  All my software is current Rev.  Feel free to PM me if you have more detailed questions.  

I suffered  a couple months ago with the *Trackpad disc no longer works to the right* issue, so I can sympathize with folks who are currently struggling with tech support.