Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find the higher frequencies and even the mids to be quite good. However, that doesn't excuse a complete lack of bass. Music in particular takes the greatest hit. Audioshield is pretty much unplayable at this point. We're only getting two thirds of the sound. HTC needs to realise that this is as bad as if the headset was shipped with only two thirds of the advertised screen resolution.

I know I'm being repetitive at this point, but again, how do you release a high end product without testing it first? It just blows my mind.

Hi - 

I absolutely find the same effect on my VIVE pro, the sound is thin, as if you are driving headphones that require an amplifier without an amplifier.  Really not happy that this is marked solved as the driver update had zero impact for me.   Interestingly I had an issue similar to this when first I tried the deluxe audiostrap, but changing the playback device resolved it at the time, as I think someone has alluded to earlier in this thread. Unfortunately the same is not true for the VIVE pro sound at the moment.  it really has nothing to do with the position of the headphones on the ear.  You can physically push them hard to your ears and the sound is still obviously suffering the same effect .. that of headphones that are not being driven with anything like the correct output power.

Hi - 

I absolutely find the same effect on my VIVE pro, the sound is thin, as if you are driving headphones that require an amplifier without an amplifier.  Really not happy that this is marked solved as the driver update had zero impact for me.   Interestingly I had an issue similar to this when first I tried the deluxe audiostrap, but changing the playback device resolved it at the time, as I think someone has alluded to earlier in this thread. Unfortunately the same is not true for the VIVE pro sound at the moment.  it really has nothing to do with the position of the headphones on the ear.  You can physically push them hard to your ears and the sound is still obviously suffering the same effect .. that of headphones that are not being driven with anything like the correct output power.

Just a quick heads-up that the issue most certainly HASN'T been resolved and I'm betting you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that would support HTC's claim of '3D, high-def audio'.

I have updated my Vive Pro to last week's firmware release and if anything, it made audio worse be severely reducing the maximum volume delivered by the drivers.

How this could have 'slipped' QA or how this thread could be considered 'solved' by HTC is beyond me. You are actively screwing the few customers that weren't turned off the HMD by its ridiculous price in the first place and have actually managed to regress on your previous iteration that was the DAS. Quite the feet of incompetence!

If this isn't solved asap I will either send back the HMD or contact the German consumer protection agency for claims of false advertising. This is ridiculous.

Also - could you confirm as comparison to previous deluxe audiostrap what you are experiencing when you say it's solved?  So for example, most games I would have the volume set to 60% on the deluxe audiostrap and this would be much louder than 100% on the VIVE pro.

Hi Mikalltaylor

I can't see any where to mark it as unresolved, So you may have to open a new thread,

The volume and the sound quality on vive pro is now better than the deluxe audiostrap after the update.

Have you checked the volume control, placed on the left head set speaker - & +.

I have full range of tones now , I would not call it a booming bass but the sound is full bodied,

before update only tinny tones no bass at all, empty hollow sound.