Vive Pro: will it ever be possible to convert to original strap?

VROne

I use Bose headphones and the deluxe audio strap makes the Pro more cumbersome and bulkier than the original. I find myself constantly readjusting it. Is it now or will it ever be possible to swap to the original strap? The Pro has slightly better weight distribution but overall I feel it's harder to put on/take off and less comfortable, all to have on-board audio which isn't particularly good and I would think most people won't even use.

You can remove the audio component from the Vive Pro headstrap, but I don't know why you'd want to go back to the old original Vive strap in any case, given that it's complete downgrade in terms of comfort, balance and weight distribution compared to what Vive Pro has.

The actual headstrap on the Pro is not intended to be removed.

Thank you,

-John C

To be clear: I don't believe I'm experiencing any bugs. The audio sounds fine. Is it the quality I'd expect from an $800 HMD? No but that's another issue.

Point is I have a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones and absolutely no need to use the Pro's audio.

As for comfort: sorry but I completely disagree. Weight distribution is slightly better but overall comfort for me the original wins hands down. The deluxe strap adds a ton more plastic and makes the entire thing bulkier and harder to take off and because I'm using my own headphones I've got the Pro's headphones getting in the way. I'm constantly re-adjusting the headset while playing. Now instead of just having elastic around my head, I've got a ton of plastic. It is heavier and more cumbersome to wear and I feel like my head gets hotter and is suffocating if I want to have the headset on so it doesn't move too much.

What's truly baffling is that you think people who would spend $800 on a VR headset don't already own at least a decent pair of headphones or gaming headset, at most a nice pair, and would abandon it to use subpar audio and microphone on the Pro. Where is the logic in that? At the least, for this price, there should be the ability to remove it and go back to the original.

, the Pro was specifically designed to have easily removable headphones based on feedback from the deluxe audio strap... I'm sorry but I'm not really following you here. There is nothing stopping you from removing the earphones to use your Bose headphones, if they're bluetooth you could even just use BT to link to your PC for both playback and to leverage the Bose's microphones. The quality of both the Pro's audio including the microphones will be improved with upcoming updates - some of which will introduce new features that are pretty desirable.