Vive Pro: will it ever be possible to convert to original strap?

VROne

• 7 months later...

yes, i totaly agree, I would also prefer old original straps insted of new tons of plastic. I am playing HTC VR from begining of VIVE, I had two Vive one and one PRO. 

Deluxe Audio strap I used for maybe 5 hours and then I returned to box and it is total useless.

Now on HTC VIVE PRO I am realy disappointed with plastic construction. Does somebody at HTC played more then 2 hours with it? Terrible. Sorry, but realy bad.

I have to tighteen so much to not move and then I am wet like fish in a few minutes. And still have feeling it is not holding good.

And the headphones? I have small head but I have to move the headphones entirely down but I have it still not centered on my ears (need a little bit down more). What can do man with a little bit bigger head then me? He will have headpons above ears. How can even HTC leave this go to world.

I am not happy. I was so much looking forward to new PRO but now I have it at home 3 days and thinking about returning.

Quality of video - only the one reason why I like it.

Wireless - I have to wait 1 months for adapter with the small cable what I needed for this PRO :O(. But ok, I can wait.

Connecting with PC - I upgraded firmware controlers but I can not upgrade HMD. Errors in all USB holes. Working (upgrading) 15minutes and no upgrade then.

Cameras - not working. And when I change frequency and restart steam vr, it is on same level like before restart. So I can not do anything. On old VIVE camera was working no problem.

(I have USB 3, no problem with it).

I hope someone from HTC will read this. Thanks.

p.s. I have 1. HTC Vive at PC (new version with new cable) / 2. HTC Vive at notebook for tripst and outside of home (first version with 3-cable) / 3. HTC pro full kit at PC cabeled now / 4. wireless kit at HTC Vive and waiting for short cable to replacing it

best version if I "bypass" graph quality is HTC vive with first straps.

• 5 months later...

Has an update come for the audio problems yet, my sound quality is straight garbage with the Vive Pro headset.  What hes asking also (which i have the same question) is how can we completely take off the headstrap of the pro and put on the original vives Deluxe audio strap which is amazing.