Vive Pro Not Recognized by SteamVR, Cameras Do Not Work

Yendor33

I also got the "audio pass through" that you described when using "Room View".  The audio pass through [from the Vive Pro Microphones] continues even when the cameras are working.

There were some extra steps that I took to get the cameras to work [i did attempt to write them but they were marked as SPAM and deleted by this Forum System]:

1) Close ALL other programs [i closed MalwareBytes, Skype, Outlook, and WinPatrol]

2) Run SteamVR in Beta [described elsewhere]

3) Close Steam and then run it as Administrator [described elsewhere]

Then the Cameras started to work without even needing to reboot.

Once the Cameras started working, they continued to work without the need for the extra steps.  That is, they work with Steam in normal mode and while the other programs are running.  I don't need to take any extra steps to get them to continue working after they initially started functioning.

I hope the extra steps above work for you as well.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it working. Apparently, I didn't try enough USB ports (I have over a dozen, not counting the hubs). I finally found one it was happy with.  I do wish to thank you for taking the time out to offer additional suggestions though.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I tried every described step without success. I'm still having the same issue described on this post.

Does anyone solved this doing something different?
Thanks in advance.

Hi
Yes, you're right. The thing is that I recently changed my computer, and in the old one (running Windows 7 64bit) the cameras were working fine, so there is no hardware problem, but in the new PC (Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803) I'm having exactly the issue described. 
Thanks.
Best.

Dear Uri, 

In your case, if your camera is working on Win7, then this indicates yuour hardware(camera) is fine. 

We have been hearing several users are having USB driver problem with Win10 1803 version. 

Would it be possible if you can roll back to previous version of Win 10 and give it a test?

Thanks. 

Dear 

Unfortunately I cannot rollback, as it is a new clean installation, I just installed the last Win 10 Pro version.
I'm also searching on other forums and you're correct, there are more users in the same case. 

Looks like by default Win 10 is blocking the access to the camera, and this is the proposed solution (I'll try it later, when I go back home) and let you know.

1. Turn on Camera to Fix Camera Not Working in Windows 10

If your camera is not working after the Windows 10 update, you need to check whether your camera is turned on first. Follow the below instructions to enable the camera.

Step 1. Click on Start, and tap Settings from the Start screen

Step 2. Select Privacy from the Settings window

Step 3. Select Camera from the left pane

Step 4. Turn on the Let apps use my camera setting

Step 5. In the Choose apps that can use your camera list, turn on the camera for all applications that need access to your camera

Dear 

Unfortunately I cannot rollback, as it is a new clean installation, I just installed the last Win 10 Pro version.
I'm also searching on other forums and you're correct, there are more users in the same case. 

Looks like by default Win 10 is blocking the access to the camera, and this is the proposed solution (I'll try it later, when I go back home) and let you know.

1. Turn on Camera to Fix Camera Not Working in Windows 10

If your camera is not working after the Windows 10 update, you need to check whether your camera is turned on first. Follow the below instructions to enable the camera.

Step 1. Click on Start, and tap Settings from the Start screen

Step 2. Select Privacy from the Settings window

Step 3. Select Camera from the left pane

Step 4. Turn on the Let apps use my camera setting

Step 5. In the Choose apps that can use your camera list, turn on the camera for all applications that need access to your camera

Dear 

Looks like by default Win 10 is blocking the access to the camera, and this is the proposed solution: Turn on the Let apps use my camera setting on Windows privacy settings (I'll try it later, when I go back home) and let you know.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Finally I solved it.  :smileywink:

Here are the steps done:

1.- Plug the linkbox to a USB 2.0 port.

By doing this, the camera was recognized automatically on Steam VR Beta (camera settings)

2.- Move back to SteamVR (no Beta) version. (Optional)

3.- Plug the linkbox into USB 3.1 port (from the tower front planel, directly coming from the MB, not from its back panel).

That's all. 

After this I can enjoy the camera hardware again. Note: On the USB SteamVR settings, it stills only recognizes the Bluetooth, but again, the camera is working fine on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Hope this will be helpful to someone else with the same issue.

Cheers.