Base station broken after 1 month, in repair for 75 days now

Arbo

12/22/2017

Purchased a Vive online directly from HTC.

12/27/2017

Received via FedEx.

01/12/2018

Signed up for trial Viveport subscription.

01/27/2018

Red blinking light in one base station. Play is very difficult with station randomly losing track of controller and headset.

HTC Support Chat: “I was able to check and confirm that for this kind of issue, we need to have the base station send in for repair.”

Email from HTC Support with Ticket # and Shipping Instructions.

01/29/2018

Shipped via UPS to: HTC Repair Department 6315 West by Northwest Blvd, Dock D, Houston, Texas 77040, United States

02/01/2018

UPS Tracking confirmed: HOUSTON,  TX, US 02/01/2018 10:53 A.M. Delivered

02/10/2018

HTC Support Chat: “according to the tracking number it all seems to be ok and once our repair center completes the repair process, you will receive a notification through email with the tracking number.”  

(As of 04/17/2018, no such email notification ever arrived.)

02/13/2018

Charged $6.99 from Viveport Subscription.

02/14/2018

HTC Support Chat: “I was able to check with the RMA Team about the status of your device. And it is still being repaired. Once repair is done you should be receiving an email notification with the tracking information.”

02/16/2018

HTC Support Chat: “Upon checking here the device is still with us. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the long wait. Upon checking there is no update yet from the facility. Here is what I can do to further assist you. I will escalate this to the second level of support. They will coordinate with the facility.”   

Me: “Can you at least confirm the unit was delivered to the repair facility? I was afraid the unit could have been lost somehow and that's why there weren't any updates.”   

HTC Support Chat: “Yup it is :)   The usual time frame of the repair is 7-10 business days upon receiving. However, there are chances that they need to wait for new parts to arrive.”

02/23/2018

HTC Support Chat: “I was able to talk to the case owner and she will be sending you the update within the day. Actually we dont have the information yet. But the escalation does. Do not worry you will receive that within the day.”

Email from VIVE Support: “We would like you to know that this case is being prioritized. Before we ship any device, it undergoes several stages of quality checks. It is our intention to provide only the highest quality items to our customers. Rest assured that the device will go through the proper repair process and will be tested thoroughly before we ship it out. Once the device passed all test procedures, an outbound tracking number will be sent to you as soon as possible.”

Sent a reply, no response received.

03/01/2018

Contacted HTC Support Chat again. Let them know that Vive Support sent me an email one week before, I replied, and never heard back.

03/02/2018

Email from VIVE Support: “We would like you to know that this case is being prioritized. Before we ship any device, it undergoes several stages of quality checks. It is our intention to provide only the highest quality items to our customers. Rest assured that the device will go through the proper repair process and will be tested thoroughly before we ship it out. Once the device passed all test procedures, an outbound tracking number will be sent to you as soon as possible.”

03/03/2018

Sent a reply:  “I can see this new email is identical to the first one, so it's clearly a standard automated message. I was told by Vive Support Chat I would be contacted by my case owner. Is there a human being on the other side?”

03/10/2018

Email from HTC Support: “We would like to apologize for the amount of time this repair had taken. We are continuously coordinating with our repair facility to monitor the status of your device. Rest assured we will provide you an update until we settle this matter.”

Sent a reply: “My son is having his 12th birthday this Friday and he's really upset we won't be playing the Vive together.  :(”

Email from HTC Support: “Dear Customer, We received your message and we will be contacting you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to take a few minutes to visit the Support section at htc.com for the latest announcements, downloads, how-to articles, troubleshooting, and frequently asked questions.”

03/11/2018

Cancelled Viveport Subscription.

03/27/2018

Email from HTC Support: “Belated happy birthday to your son. And on behalf of HTC Vive Customer Support, we really apologized for the amount of time this repair had taken. Rest assured that we will prioritize this case and will send you another email once we have an update on the device.”

04/17/2018

Haven’t heard from VIVE Support or HTC Support in the last 20 days.

It’s been 75 days since the HTC Repair Department received the Base Station.

Please send instructions on how to return the Vive equipment and get a refund for my purchase.

Archived