Is this enough space for Vive ?

Zexion

Hey Guys.
In the last days i thought about buying a HTC Vive.

But I have concerns that I will have enough space for a good experience.
Here are some Pictures and drawings of my room with measurements.
And is it really worth it at all ??

Thank you for your help :)

You definitely have more than enough room for sitting and standing experiences but SteamVR's roomsetup will likely not allow you to proceed with roomscale setup. You can spoof room setup into accepting a roomscale config by including the area where your bed is but it does pose a safety concern since the chaperone will be incorrect. 

Generally speaking, most roomscale games that support teleportation can be used in smaller areas however games with fixed playspace requirements like Job Simulator really do require the space they're designed for. There are some OpenVR tools that let you virtually move the entire virtual world around you but these also raise some safety concerns - these are typically geared toward those with limited mobility. 

As stated above, you will may have to spoof roomscale setup to get these to run as intended. Both of those are pretty active games... Onward's requirements are 1.5m x 2m but many report that it's actually a really good standing experience so long as you're okay with not being able to go fully prone - I think you'd be good for Onward. Holopoint on the other hand may be a bit too frantic and movement based to be comfortable but I think you have enough space to play very cautiously - your playing style will impact ultimately how much room you need to safely play. Depending on your bed setup, you may be able to squeeze another foot or two out of your room by laying it against the wall when you need the extra space. Elite Dangerous is another game that would work well with your space. 

Archived