Help? Station in Repair Center since Feb 1, no contact since Mar 27

Arbo

One of my Vive base stations stopped working after 30 days of use. (Spent a lot on hardware and apps, and had subscribed to Viveport.) I contacted HTC Support and sent the base station to the Repair Center in Houston as directed. Not having received any notifications or status updates, I've already contacted HTC Support through chat and email almost 10 times since then. But HTC Support Chat has no way to contact Repair Center to ask for progress information, and support emails are mostly canned responses promising an update once the device gets prioritized. It's been 30 days since I last heard from Support and 90 days since I last used my Vive. Is there any way I can get my repaired equipment back from HTC?

Thanks for reaching out John. Not sure if any relation but HTC Support emailed me the day after this post (Saturday), to refer me to an UPS tracking number and close the escalation. As it turns out they had already shipped my repaired base station 4 days before (Wednesday), even though there wasn't really any notification. Equipment was delivered yesterday (Monday) and I tested it today. Everything seems to be working fine. I learned about the Bluetooth power management feature and enabled it in my Vive settings. Hopefully this will reduce wear and tear and prolong the life of the base stations.

Thanks again for your contact.

Archived