Lighthouse does not power on after firmware update

Beauregard

Please don't bump old threads. Also, unfortunately, that file won't fix your base station. The underlying issue still exists, so all that's happened is delaying the inevitable hardware failure. If you're under warranty, I recommend getting a warranty RMA ASAP. If not, that file will help for a period of time, after which, expect the device to fail completely.

Thank you,

-John C

wrote:

Please don't bump old threads. Also, unfortunately, that file won't fix your base station. The underlying issue still exists, so all that's happened is delaying the inevitable hardware failure. If you're under warranty, I recommend getting a warranty RMA ASAP. If not, that file will help for a period of time, after which, expect the device to fail completely.

Thank you,

-John C

Sorry, this was the only working solution I could find through google so I felt like I had to thank the person. Is it really going to fail? I only just ordered my Vive new from the vive website and recieved it yesterday. My base stations power on fine until I tried to update the firmware, after which they just killed themselves and I had to go through and try all of these fixes. (the officially provided ones just left me with a green flashing light but no connection).

Are they really going to end up dying even though I was able to update the firmware successfully after using this persons file to restore them? What's wrong with both my base stations hardware that causes this?

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to reiterate that there is no "recovery" method for basestations. The older firmware from Valve doesn't contain the error checking / self-diagnostic tools that are contained in more recent firmware images. Your basestation could actually be non-functional and just lack the error reporting to have the proper LED and SteamVR indicator.

You can tell if a basestation is truly working by ensuring that the station in question is the only station that's powered on, and attempting to use it in single basestation mode by flipping it over to channel A and seeing if tracking works well when it's based off the single station. 

Hi again,

you're right. Despite the fact that I restored it to 244 and the station started working (I mean green light, red lattice of leds as usual) I get no tracking in A mode. Steam VR says that the station works well and is tracked but headset does not work with station's A mode at all. Tried to update firmaware to the newest suggested by Steam VR but get blinking red again. What should I do?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...