In-App Purchases

Anonymous

We are implementing In-App purchases for DLC. I have a few questions regarding this where the documentation is not so clear:

1. In the API docs a difference is made between a In-App purchase and a subscriptions. On the back-end it seems as though we can only add subscriptions. However our DLC would not be a subscription ideally (it is a one-time buy thing). What is the correct way to go about this?

2. How do we test the In-App purchases with our developer account?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

For your first question, no. It is the separate app ID in DLC and the main content.

Do you already have the DLC actually real content in the main content like IAP? IAP is the end user processes the purchase behavior in the main content and the virtual item already is in the main contnet while doing the purchasing behavior. 

For your second question, DLC is the separate app with the main content  in Viveport. 

Regards,

Continent

What I want is IAP to unlock content that is already in the app.  I'm not sure how to set it up in the viveport web portal, is that handled like a subscription item?  If so, what settings would make it unlock permanently for the user?

Also from looking over the sdk, it seems like we have to handle purchase prices and currency conversion in the client app, is that true?

Let me clarify the scenario you want.

1. Your locked content already in the main content.

2. You would like to put the locked content information in Viveport web portal to inform the end user you have this locked content to attract the end user to buy it.

3. Once the end user buy it through the web portal, the system will inform the main content to unlock this locked content to allow the end user to play.

Is this you want? 

Regards,

Continent

OK, 

You need to create a DLC package with Viveport DLC SDK.

In that package, you can put any item even it is a document file. That is ok.

Second, the end user completes the purchase behavior in Viveport for your DLC package.

Once the end user completes the purchase, Viveport system will rewrite the user app for your DLC package.

This rewrite behavior will unlock your DLC real file in your main content.

The end user can enjoy your DLC now.

Continent

Archived