Base Station internal fault 02 on a brand new Vive

roguesuit

Hey friends,

I literally just got my Vive today and opened it up and ran the ViveSetup program.  Instantly I got fault 02 on one of my base stations - so I cannot even set up my room to get started.

Please help! I need to know what to do as far as next steps go.  I updated all of the firmware on both base stations and nothing changed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Update: I reached out the support live chat - https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/

They stated:

When a base station has a Fault 02 error and/or is blinking red is because is having an axis failure causing an internal problem, the best and only fix for this issue is a repair process, so I would need to send the device to our repair center and they would perform the best repair for me.

Since it was very recent purchase they had two options for me, the first one: they can replace just the affected base station itself, the thing is this process might take about one month. On the other hand, I could return the whole Vive kit and they'd provide you with a refund or a replacement, this would be faster and easier.

I chose the replace the whole kit option. We'll see how that goes.

Archived