Build fails on Unity 2018.2.0b5

amdybak

I tried upgrading an existing project to 2018.2 and it failed to build.

I then tried with a blank project. It builds an empty project and deploys to the device. However if I import the WaveSDK and try and build the same empty scene I get a gradle error:

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_171\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.2.0b5\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-4.2.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m" "assembleRelease"

Hi Andy, 

Please see my workaround here:

http://community.viveport.com/t5/Vive-Wave-SDK/I-can-t-start-app-on-the-Focus-Headset/gpm-p/19244#M487

support for 2018.x is forthcoming, officially it's currently supporting up to 2017.4.x

Also keeo in mind that WaveSDK is not integrated natively in Unity (hence uncheck the "Virtual Reality Supported" checkbox in Project Player settings) so consequently anything relying on native support is also currently not supported .

-Dario

Thanks. Shame that other post was poorly titled. I didn't think to look at it. Is it worth giving it a more accurate title to help others? That kind of active moderation works if you regard the forum as a knowledge base but can be a bit odd for the person who's post was edited! 

Are you sure this is the same issue described in that link? The workaround didn't help me. I even tried removing the whole conditional.

It's going to be tricky to downgrade to 2017 for me in this case. What's the ETA on official 2018 support?

Any more ideas about the workaround? Does my gradle error sound like the same issue in the other thread? 

Does Gradle produce it's own error log that might give me a clue as to the precise cause?

• 2 weeks later...

We are having what appears to be a similar issue with Unity 2017.20f3 
after updating to the latest firmware on the Focus over the air then updating to WAVE SDK 2.0.37 and neither a provided sample App nor our updated App will launch on the device.

WAVE SDK 2.0.37

Unity 2017.2.0f3

The work around here does not apply as we are running Unity 2017.2.0f3
http://community.viveport.com/t5/Vive-Wave-SDK/I-can-t-start-app-on-the-Focus-Headset/gpm-p/19244#M487

Rolling back our App to the old WAVE SDK (with the most current firmware) successfully builds and launches, howevere we are unable to dismiss the “Welcome to MIA” controller registration dialog by pressing the home button on the Finch. Tried both old (pre-Nov) and new Finch controllers and neither work. We see a white Finch controller image with the home button in blue. Restarting the App with the controller on does not help us dismiss the dialog.

WAVE SDK 2.0.14

Unity 2017.2.0f3

There are no new system update notifications on our Focus.

Archived