Vive Pro controllers don't stop charging

PanFX

is it Valve we are also waiting for on the update to make the BS2.0 go to sleep via bluetooth? At the moment i have to unplug my bs which is a little but of a pain, tge sleep funtion on the bs1.0 was nice. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my Vive controllers 2018 controllers that came with my three days old HTC Vive Pro full kit. The light on both controllers stay orange forever while charging. Mine never return to white, even if I unplug and re-plug in power. I hope this gets addressed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. All the latest updates are installed. Controllers are on the charger, nut after nearly 20 hours LEDs are still red.

The Base stations also never turn off - have to unplug them :(

, As stated above, the controller error seems to be a firmware/SteamVR status reporting error - It may take some time to fix simply due to the fact that it's a pretty lengthy process to get firmware updates validated and published via SteamVR. If you unplug them and replug them back in, they should indicate white if they are fully charged. 

Bluetooth power management is not supported on 2.0 lighthouses currently via the Pro. 

I'll look into seeing if I can get a status update about both of these ticket items. 

Can you, please, explain how Steam VR can affect controllers that are not even paired or ever turned on - straight out of the box? Because they’ve been like this out of the box - first thing I did when I opened the box was to try to fully charge them.

• 5 weeks later...

I am seeing that this topic is several months old.  Is this still an issue with firmware on the controllers or has it been fixed in a controller update?  I recently got my vive pro and out of the box the controllers charging functionality seemed to correctly work where on full charge the the white led would indicate.  After the fimware update that i made on 9/2/2018 i noticed that the orange light does not turn off even when the controller has been charging for several hours.  unpluging and repluging in the controllers does not change the status light.  If there is still not a firmware update to correct this issue i think we need to start asking if the electronics in the controllers are actually turning off charging and just not idicating, or are we destroying our controllers right now because of overcharge.

• 5 weeks later...