Vive Pro controllers don't stop charging

PanFX

Same here. Got the set on Black Friday. My controllers never indicate full charge. Haven't tried the replug trick yet, but they don't take long to charge anyway so I just unplug them after about an hour.

Would be nice if this worked correctly like the OG controllers did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Vive pro is one day old. After set up and charging and everything updated, this morning I found one controller charging all the time. Strange thing is after I noticed it, I swapped the charger that was hooked to that controller to the unaffected one, and just like that, it infected the other. Both remain orange now.

As stated earlier in this thread - this is a firmware bug that reports the incorrect charge state once the battery hits capacity. If you unplug a fully charged controller that's reporting an orange state and plug it back in, it should revert to the correct white status. We're working on solving this but altering firmware on watchman based hardware is tricky and involves Valve. 

Sorry for my impatient response. Yes, they do revert to white, after awhile unplugged. This really is a minor issue, for me, as it is home use. I could see this being a little problem with a business or company. Best of luck to you and your team and Valve resolving this. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...