Other External Controllers

SkitztheCat

Since there is no 2D Android Setting AP on your ROM, please try this command

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER com.android.settings

If this command does not work, try install the Android Setting AP.

You can search from internet how to get Android Setting AP.

Thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is  a problem - I don't know how to do it for other BT devices. Probably I had to start with that.

Also, I couldn't see my controller even on phone in the list of visible BT devices.

In this link and in many others links like this there is an item "bluetooth" right after an item "wi-fi", but in a wave settings there is no such item, see attach. Should it be there?

As I understand pairing mode for steam controller is switch on by pressing and holding app and system buttons (LED blinking). So when I switch on pairing mode on my steam controller a bluetooth on my phone coudn't find anything.

Sorry for misleading you.

I know the cause.

The Steam controller (suppose it's Vive one) is using BT over proprietary protocol so it can't be recongized and treated as normal BT devices from Phone. So if you replace with other general BT devices, it should be connected.

BTW, the BT setting is pop-up as 2D (not 3D in VR) so you need to use Vysor via USB from PC to select and do pairing etc.

This setting page is default hidden to avoid user to disable BT, and you can use command I provide to launch back as 2D.

Hope this info. is helpful.

Thanks, now we could go next.

I opened bluetooth settings by adb command: adb shell am start -a android.settings.BLUETOOTH_SETTINGS

But after refresh there were only 2 LightHouse and 2 Finch3dof devices, (controller was in pair mode).

• 2 weeks later...