Headset loses tracking (HMD) - Symptoms and Solutions

Tianqi

I have followed every step and advice given but my headset still loses tracking.

I have just bought the headset and it worked perfectly fine in the first few days but recently it's been acting up. Everything is working fine using it for the first 10 - 15 minutes, after that I get grey screen flashes everytime I move or turn too much. It's just my headset because controllers work perfectly fine since I can still make in- game interactions. I have even unplugged and plugged everything back to place and plugged in the sync cable to get a better connection but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Grey screen = Loss of tracking.

As a first step in troubleshooting tracking issues, I always recommend going into SteamVR and generating a system report via SteamVR -> Generate system report. Save it as a .txt then search the document (usually ctrl-F) for the following term: back-facing.

This is how you can tell if the base stations lasers are reflecting around your environment. A reflection looks like this within SteamVR. If you see it, you have something in your room that's adding uncertainty to the solve.

Sun Jun 26 2016 23:02:09.676 - lighthouse: LHR-4E33F709 H: Dropped 312432 back-facing hits, 2069 non-clustered hits during the previous tracking session