Vive no longer showing in my vr menu

kerminater

Hi , can you check something simple to start with...

• In SteamVR on your desktop, click the arrow to access the menu, and then click 'Settings'
  • Under 'Applications' you should see 'Vive Dashboard' - make sure that's selected

If it's not selected, that would explain it being absent from the in-VR dash.

If that's not the case, we'd suggest you completely uninstall and reinstall the Vive desktop client, and then again check SteamVR settings.

If none of that works, I'll have to refer you to Customer Care.

If you could attach a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Applications part of SteamVR, , it'd help. I'm a little confused by your phrasing.

I understand Vive is missing from the SteamVR menu within VR, but the main way that would happen is if it's disabled. Just trying to figure that out. Thanks in advance!

,  - if either you can send me a screenshot of this, I'd appreciate it.

This should be a Windows app, so should be easy to screenshot; if needed just press the 'Print Screen' key and then copy/paste it into your preferred image app, or use Snipping Tool (should be in your Windows apps). Thanks in advance!

wrote:

I actually got it going again i had a drive error ran a defrag on the drive and when it was done vive was back in my steamvr window can't understand how that sorted it 

O...kay. I have no idea how that fixed it either, but I'm glad it did.  are you still having this issue?

Archived