Microsoft Surface Book 2 to HTC VIVE PRO HMD KIT- HELP HELP HELP!

andrewtric

, I wouldn't draw direct comparisons between the Vive and the Vive Pro due to the massive change in bandwidth requirements as well as a complete change in the display signal pipeline. The ViveSW contains Viveport, additional drivers, and some companion software - It really won't affect the compositor in any meaningful way in regards to this cluster of issues. 

As stated above, this is a pretty hardware specific thing - We don't have the ability to replicate your scenario with the exact hardware, software, cables, ect... I can't really speak to the USB-C port on that Surface. You'd first need to verify that that USB chipset can output Displayport 1.2+. I wasn't able to verify this using the documentation I was able to pull up. This is the adapter that we've had the most luck with. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks  for the information. I've cleared the Dock registry and will try again tonight. I've found something similar from LINDY- HERE. Similar product and I just checked with their support and they verified its a DisplayPort 1.2. 

The previous user (who successfully paired hisMicrosoft Surface Book 2 to HTC VIVE) told me he didn't install the HTC driver. port and just jumped straight to STEAM. Will try that tonight too. Will keep trying!

• 6 months later...

All of the surface book 2 models have either a GTX1050 or a 1060. You really can't get good perf on a laptop using a Pro unless you have a 1070, and in most cases most 1060's fail to enumerate the display. 

I think based on user reports, it sounds like it's not compatible with this series of laptops as they lack enough GPU power to drive the Pro HMD. 

Archived