Can Vive PRO work on non Display port? or dual Titan X Pascal?

NasserQa

I have Dual (SLI) Titan X Pascal. Three connections (Display) connect to three monitors (surround). Current

Vive connected to HDMI slot. If I buy Vive Pro, how can I connect it to the PC, since it only has Displayport?

My PC specs.

Hi , thanks for the detailed system report. The Pro is strictly compatible with DisplayPort 1.2+ due to bandwidth requirements. I'm not sure of the headers on your GPU and am confused about why you can power only 3DPs between two cards and not 4 (assuming each has 2). If you're not running a specialty high res monitor, it may be best to free up a DP for the Pro and use the newly freed HDMI for a monitor if it will support the required resolution/signal type. I'd be really confused if your cards don't have DisplayPort headers at all given their product class as the Titan X's are a DP 1.4 enabled architecture.

When SLI'ing, on paper you're supposed to plug the Pro into the primary card (slot 1) but in reality you may have to try switching between cards to find which port will work reliably. Some SLI configurations have proven to generate POST errors based on which port the HMD is plugged into. 

Tanks for your response vibrant.

Each Titan X has three display ports, so six in total. I use the three DPs on one Titan for three 1440p (144mhz) screens (so the DP is mandatory). I also assumed with my setup, I can only use one card, as the second acted as a slave? I thought we cannot use outputs from both cards. Are you saying I can use any of the  6 in total display ports, for my 3 screens and + Vive pro?

, you are correct - my apologizes for not being more . When using SLI mode is enabled, only the primary headers will be activated. Some advanced users disable SLI (either manually or via python scripting) to enable the secondary headers but you'd loose the advantage of SLI. 

Overall, it's probably easiest to just unplug a monitor to access the DP header or running the 3rd monitor off the HDMI header. You could try using MST to daisy chain one of the DP ports to run 2 displays but your results will vary. 

Archived