Vive Pro Camera FPS / Resolution?

DaKenpachi

Hi DaKenpachi,

Do you already bought an external camera for your HTC Vive Pro. Did it work?  I am working on my bachelor thesis and using an HTC Vive Pro, to overlay a real object with a virtual CAD object. For that, I need a better resolution from the real Object. I would be pleased, if you let me know, what you experienced the last months.

Best regards,

Stefan

The only viable aftermarket solution for higher resolution MR is currently the Zed-Mini.This hardware will likely fit your use case. That said, I've heard some mixed reviews from developers about the ease of use of their SDK and the integration flow so I'd recommend taking a look at their SDK documentation before making a purchase to evaluate if it's something you'll be able to pick up and run with. The major downside with integrating an additional hardware dependent solution is that your project will only be usable if the hardware is on hand; not a ton of people have a Zed-Mini so you won't really have the ability to easily share the app. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also facing this problem with the current versions of StreamVR and SteamVR beta. However, I highly doubt the statement that FPS is set higher than the slider shows because I still have a huge delay, which feels more like 30 fps than 60 fps. With head rotation, the problems seem not that bad but limb movements are terrible. This is causing cybersickness!

Is there any way to set the fps to 60 by using a config file or to check on which fps the cameras are running?

Best,