Persistent error 208

Niieru

I've had the vive for only 6 days, the first 5 it worked perfectly. Suddenly on day 6 about 20minutes into use i had to stop and restart pc and next thing i get error 208. I've tried all the popular solutions, drivers, restarts, gpu drivers, reinstalled windows, tested cables, still, red light and error 208. I'm running it on windows 10 with a gtx 1070. Anything else I can try?

, As a typical first troubleshooting step, I recommend bypassing the linkbox and connecting the 3-in-1's USB and HDMI leads directly to the PC. You'll need to leave power connected to the linkbox. This can solve issues encountered with your GPU not establishing a secure HDCP handshake with the HMD. I would also try other USB ports and ensure that you're not using any sort of adapter or converter in the display signal chain. 

, if you've tried all of the things you've stated, including reinstalling windows, it sounds like it may be a hardware defect. Since you're within most store's purchasing periods, a return may be faster than an RMA. I would quickly double check that the HMD's cables are firmly plugged into the top of the HMD by reseating them (access method

) and if you have an Nvidia card, double check that the following option is routing applications to your GPU rather than your integrated graphics. 

, if you've tried all of the things you've stated, including reinstalling windows, it sounds like it may be a hardware defect. Since you're within most store's purchasing periods, a return may be faster than an RMA. I would quickly double check that the HMD's cables are firmly plugged into the top of the HMD by reseating them (access method

) and if you have an Nvidia card, double check that the following option is routing applications to your GPU rather than your integrated graphics. 

Thanks, tried those as well and also tried removing and readding drivers again. Nothing. Guess I'll contact the supplier. One last thing I did notice while checking device manager, please see pic:

Archived