Tracking issues after an while

cypress

Good day,

I now have a htc vive for a few days.

It works almost perfectly: P.

I can first use the vive for 10 minutes, but then I get a corner tracking issues.

If I look a bit further, it will be fine again.

I removed most of the stuff, I suspected it was the monitor by the window. but I had moved it behind me Computer case. however, it was still visible so I built it with a cardboard box. but the problem was still present.

I have attached a photo to indicate what I am looking at when the image in the vive becomes gray / blue.

I have already stuck my window from my computer case, because this is real glass instead of plexi.

does anyone have an idea what the problem can be?

https://imgur.com/a/TNIx99w

Greeting

melvin

, I'm a little confused by your description of when the problem occurs. I would immediately suspect the trophies to be the source of interference, but since the HMD has sensors on all sides, it could actually be a bounce from angles other than the environment just on the front side of the HMD.

is the most handy method I've found for troubleshooting bounce backs. 

Hello,

I myself am not sure when the problem occurs.
it differs quite regularly.
If I start then it just goes well.

And I had moved the thropies but made no difference.

And your video is smart! I only have to look now where I can buy one. haha

Oh, and BTW the black box in the photo is NOT the base station that is a Sattalite speaker from the home theater. The base station unfortunately hangs just outside the photo. Top left. Otherwise my computer case was a big disturbing of the signals

Edit: im also unable to turn de base station away from the disturbance. If i push it more it will pop the ball form the socket. 

, you can use any flashlight. If you don't have one with strobe mode, you can easily just use a cellphone LED.

If the disturbance is localized to a specific part of the room or direction, it's an environmental issue. If it's semi-random it can be a number of potential sources. If it happens to coordinate with a AC or refrigerator compressor turning on, it's a power issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

What's behind you in that picture? Generally, when you lose tracking while looking at one base station, there's something behind you that's disrupting the signal. (The base station you are facing is disrupted and the other one cannot see you.)

Thanks,

-John C

Hello,

On  the other side. there isnt much.
got an plank full with games and Funko Pop! (in an protector:P wich also reflected light. so i put them under the bed shead.). Under the plank there is 4 sheats of sound dampening foam.
En above the bed there is an promotion bag hanging, but doenst reflect my flashlight light :P.

So there not much on the other side :O

We're interested primarily in IR light, not the visual spectrum, so a flashlight might not tell the whole story.

Try swapping the base stations from one side of the room to the other and see if it flips. It might be one of the base stations.

Thank you,

-John C

Archived