Unable to start Unreal with SRworks plugin enabled

thehellbean

It's pretty hard to tell if this is because of SRWorks or something with Unreal, but maybe someone here has some ideas. 

Whenever I try to open an Unreal project that has the SRWorks plugin enabled the Unreal launcher will load to 73% and then disappear. I can see from the logs and active processes that it's compiling shaders, but after those processes are done it just closes and doesn't open the editor window. This happens with the sample Unreal project and one that I've created on my own as long as the plugin is there. 

Note: I'm running this on a computer without a Vive attached, without an Nvidia GPU, and without SteamVR installed. I'm not trying to start the actual game, only open the editor so that I can place things in the map and edit blueprints etc so those factors shouldn't be causing this but they might be affecting things.

Has anyone had any similar issues or know what causes this?

Which version of UE and SRWorks are you using?

I had problems with loading a project in UE 4.19, because it said that SRWorks 7.5.0 is just 4.18 compatible. So after I changed my UE version it worked fine.

On the other Hand I noticed that SteamVR is started directly when I open the project. So maybe it´s really the problem that you don´t have it installed on your PC...

Update: Installing SteamVR did not solve my problem. 

I did try installing the UE4 with the SDK on another computer which, apart from having a 1060, is very similar to the computer I'm having the issue on and had no issues with it. Based on this my working theory is that the (lack of) nvidia card is key, but can't say for sure.

wrote:

Update: Installing SteamVR did not solve my problem. 

I did try installing the UE4 with the SDK on another computer which, apart from having a 1060, is very similar to the computer I'm having the issue on and had no issues with it. Based on this my working theory is that the (lack of) nvidia card is key, but can't say for sure.

Yes it requires NVIDIA. You'll need access to a VR ready PC or laptop with NVIDIA card. 

Archived