htc vive to expensiv

jack11914

well this isnt exactly a type of technology that a kid should be able to afford, start saving bud

most adults with a job cant afford this

go ask for them to drop the price of a geforce 1080, thats what youre doing, expecting the newest type of tech, a 1 of a kind so to speak for a low $200 or so

its like expecting a curved TV to be affordable, it wont be until a few models come out

Hey , at 13 I was probably trying to save up for something myself - I think it might have been an Amiga A500, which was pretty cool at the time. I remember in the end we had to buy ours second-hand. (I grew up in England, although I live in the United States now.)

While a Vive might be a bit expensive for you (or indeed for your parents) right now, I hope you experience VR with something like Google Cardboard or Gear VR. There are some great (and cheap!) VR viewers that you can buy, like from Viewmaster for example. While they're not the same as the Vive experience, it'll get you close while you save.

Best wishes,

stephen

If you can, ask everyone that you want one for chrismas.  Friends , familly, anyone.  If you bug them about this (and nothing else), they will see determination (and not just a spoiled kid), and probably help you out to get one.  This is how I got my first 'Drum kit'.

Good luck.

Archived