Vive redlight on side and error 108 from steamVR

Nomad

Red light on the side of headset. I have tried different usb ports different computers, restarted computer and different cables. I keep getting error 108 headset not detected from steamVR. Furthermore the two controllers have not and will not connected to the headset staying as a blue light.

Still no solution, I've tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling usb drivers, videocard driver still nothing works any help would be nice. Edit the settings USB for VR showsa the HUB controller and Audio Device as greyed out the others are all white.

, Can you provide some basic info about your setup as some of this can be very hardware dependent. Have you ever been able to get it to successfully post? 

Can you first try bypassing the linkbox? Basically, keep power connected via the linkbox put plug the HMD's 3-in-1 cables directly into the PC. 

Ensure you're not using any sort of HDMI adapter to connect the Vive to your GPU, plug it directly into the GPU's HMDI (or DP port). Without information about your PC, that's the only generalized advice I can provide.

, A quick glance would indicate that it's the 1050ti that's the issue. The 1050/1050ti are under the minimum requirement of a 1060 (or even the launch requirement of a GTX970). The 1050ti is ~75% lower preformance than the 1060. 

Some users have had luck with getting a 1050ti to work but I'm not sure how they're able to get past SteamVR's initialization (which is likely the part you're stuck on). You could try ensuring that the GPU is the correct output device via this setting in the Nvidia control pannel; there's always a shot it could be trying to launch via the Intel graphics chipset.  You may need to do some web searching to find out how others with the game GPU were able to initialize. Outside of basic operation, I wouldn't expect this card to preform well on newer titles if you are able to get it going. 

I have tried the same VR headset on a diffrent computer wtih roughly the same specs and a 1050ti it worked on there. 

Furthermore it was never said anywhere that this would not work with anyhting lower plus the fact that this does actually work with this video card on other computers the GPU can be ruled out. 

I tried to do the 3d settings and Preferred Graphics Processor did not show up image shows.

Archived