camera and microphone no longer working

Compao

A few days ago I noticed that the camera suddenly stopped working for "tron/room view mode" and the day after I noticed that the inbuilt microphone had stopped working and was no longer visible as a sound source in windows at all. The Vive has been working almost flawlessly for almost a year. I have tried every single possible fix I could find, anything from deleting all steamvr usb devices to a new clean re-installation of windows. So far nothing has worked. would appreciate assistance in this matter as playing multiplayer games in VR without a microphone is not ideal. 

, Is the issue limited to a specific USB port? Sometimes these are related to the USB host - different USB ports can have different USB hosts and switching to a port that's controlled by the CPU can have better results than an OEM host such as Asusmedia. On the Playback/Recoding devices screen, do you have "show disabled devices" enabled (via a right-click in that menu)?

Have you already tried bypassing the linkbox? 

I've tried all the USB ports that I have on my pc without restarting the PC and deleting the steam vr USB, and with restarting between each USB port switch. testing it straight into the PC just tested bypassing the box both with removing the steamvr USB devices and restarting the PC and without. And yes, show hidden is enabled in both the device manager screen as well as recording/playback. Neither of these changed while testing. Camera and Microphone still are not showing.

• 2 weeks later...

I\ve now also tested this... https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=6643267c2b51f08c93e8fc35bf35aa48&ref=2748-WEIK-9562

Still having the issue... the only thing left that I can think of is that either the mic/camera actually broke, the connections somehow came loose or to buy a USB PCI card which I cannot afford at the moment and would be more or less useless if they are actually broken....

Archived