Viveport desktop application just sits there doing nothing....

Krebsy

Just got the Vive up and running on my PC which was a bit of a chore to be honest but managed to get steamVR up and running and everything looking good.

However, trying to use Viveport ....

The viveport VR app launches, switches on the headset and looks all ok bar the big window stating I need to log into the desktop app.

here's the problem.  I've installed viveport (tried several times) and when it launches the application opens up to a grey screen and the three "loading dots" but it never gets any further.  It doesnt give me the option to sign in, or show any of the available content and just sits there.  

running any of the other vive desktop files (i.e. the ones for config) shows me the options but the screen is somewhat greyed out and I can't select on any option.  It's as if it's struggling to load something or possibly an access rights issue?  I've tried running the app and the installer also as admin but no difference.  

Really not sure why this is happening, are there any logfiles I can look into here to glean what might be occurring?  IT's preventing me accessing any of the Viveport content.  Tried signing in during install with both steam and a seperate account but it's made no difference.  I've also tried excluding some of the Vive executables from the firewall (Mcafee) to see if that was blocking things.  No joy though but I'll need a definitive list of what I have to allow through...

Any thoughts?

Ta,

K.

My setup is the standard vive kit on Win10 - 16GBmemory - i5-6600k @4.2, Nvidia 970 (4Gb), etc....

, this may be caused by the registry setup on your PC. Viveport looks for the system default brower (Edge or IE) to launch a window and provide a sign in screen. It's hard to say though because typically this step is initiated by clicking the "sign in" button that appears after you initialize Viveport - this sign in button is not appearing for you.

We may be able to see what's happening by submitting and error report. To do so without access to the client, go into windows startup menu and search for "Viveport Feedback" - you'll be able to submit a report using the application under that name. You're typically given a case number once you submit a report, if you PM this tracking number to me, I'll be able to alert the team that reviews these and they can correlate it to this forum post.

Cheers.

I submitted a diagnostic report yesterday (but forgot to write the number down.. :) ) so things are up and running in the system and I'm awaiting the feedback.  

I tend not to use Edge or IE as a browser (Firefox then Chrome for preference) so would it be a case of having to set the Microsoft browsers as defaults for the install or is there a specific registry key I can cross check to see what should be there?

Ta,

K.

Archived