Why is the 1080 ti not on the best performance list for the vive?

Trevor

Hello! 

Over view: Curious on why the 1080 ti isn't on the list when the 1080 is and if anyone has any recommendations on a computer and where to get one. 

I am just curious why the 1080 ti is not on the list for the recommended graphic cards why the 1080 is. Why isn't the ti recommended? The recommended list is at the end of the post. 

I am looking at getting a new computer in roughly two months (my current is 6-7 years old) and I thought the 1080 ti was the best thing out there. I would like to get into VR. I am budgetting about 1500 to 2000 dollars for the computer. I thought I would get one from cyber power but maybe I should look at something else somewhere else? 

I appreciate any input! Thanks!

• NVIDIA™ Titan V
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1070 Ti
  • NVIDIA™ Quadro P5200
  • NVIDIA™ Titan X
  • NVIDIA™ GTX Titan X
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 970
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 980
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 980 Ti
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1060
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1070
  • NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1080
  • NVIDIA™ Quadro K6000
  • NVIDIA™ Quadro M6000
  • NVIDIA™ Quadro M5000
  • Radeon™ RX Vega 64
  • Radeon™ RX Vega 56
  • Radeon™ RX 580
  • Radeon™ RX 570
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 290
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 290X
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 390
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 390X
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X
  • Radeon™ RX 480
  • AMD™ FirePro W9100
  • Radeon™ Pro Duo

, this is likely a list that just needs to be updated - the 1080Ti was released some time after the 1080. We'll look into updating it - thanks for alerting us.

The 1080Ti is definitely the best high-end VR choice on the consumer GPU front. That said, Nvidia is releasing new GPUs in the coming months. While their VR performance is yet to be seen, their release may mean that you can possibly get a better deal on a 1080Ti or it may turn out that the new RTX cards may better suit your use case. I would recommend following that product release as it nears. 

Per the PC manufacturer, we're pretty OEM agnostic so I don't have recommendations on that front. I fall into the DIY build faction but that poses its own challenges and isn't suitable for everyone. 

Archived