Error 108 - HDMI recognized, USB faulty.

RaudaFenrir

At this time after 3 days I'm coming to the conculsion that the system is faulty.

I've done everything humanly possible for the vive, as well as windows to figure out why this isn't working.

I also bought a new Linkbox, as well as new 3-1 cord to accomidate (this is my 3rd cord I've had to buy by the way.)

Listing of things I've done:

-Uninstalled and put new versions of (multiple times) of Windows, USB settings for Vive, all Vive driver software, ect.

-Soft reset of the linkbox, as well as anything associated.

-Basicly everything that has been suggested across multiple forums and official forums.

-I've also bypassed to two different computers, which both had Vive installed (with the hdmi and usb connected directly to the computer, with the power connected on both ends of the linkbox.) yet it still ID'ed the HDMI but not the usb.

What the Vive, as well as Windows, is doing:

-Windows ID's the unit, it makes the connection sound. And thus it IS connected.

-The HDM is not responsive, as well as just being black. The side light is solid Red.

-Even after a literal fresh install of Windows it still doesn't ID the Unit under USB status.

-It for some reason is ID the linkbox as a Bluetooth device versus it being an actual port ID.

I had bought the unit through Amazon on April 10th of 2018 and it is already giving me greif, it also didn't come with a warrenty. Fair warning.

Attached are images associated with what I'm actually looking at, at the moment.

At this point I have no idea what to do, I've done everything I can think of, and anything that's been suggested to an extent has either not worked at all or just literally put me back in the same situation.

I hope someone can help me out with this. I will pm my specs to whomever it need be if its needed.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

If you bought the device through Amazon, did you buy it from our Vive seller page on Amazon? If you purchased it new through us or an official retail partner, you do have a warranty. 

You might also fall within the return period for Amazon.

Thank you,

-John C