Vive Wireless Adapter: Official User Guides

HackPerception

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having same issue as majorJebus, i play rec room or xplane11

wireless works for 4-5 min then suddenly goes gray. ive had wireless for 2 week now first 6 days everything worked fine but last 3 days not playable. allmost considering using wired mode again just to play.. but i payed a fortune for wireless so im kinda pissed...

Same messages on these as another guy (i just copied his)

+1, same problem here, fresh unit, updated everything, steamvr beta (not updated between working and unworking state).

It got same issue after long game session with no issues, now it's permament. I'll try to debug it but just giving a short "it's serious" note.

####EDIT_SOLVED###
I managed to solve this problem by disabling camera through steamvr.vrsettings, removing all usb drivers through steamvr/Developer tab (on the very bottom), then resetting PC and repairing the headset.

i can fix it so it works again and then after 5 min of playing its back to gray screen...

atleast to me this dident hapen a week ago so something deffently changed and it wasent me..

If you want this product to win the people over you need to help us so we can tell our friends how amazing this is when it workes....

i would like a respons from htc if they even care...

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this helps .. feel your pain but hopefully what worked for me will help you . Regardless I think the vive support team should innclude this as one of the first steps. I spent. A stupid amount of time doing silly things that I was sure will not work.

Seems the smaller cable sits slightly different then the long cable on the vive pro So to make sure the cable is in properly . Connect the short cable to the small box thingy you would normally use. If it works, You know your cables are snug and secure . That wasn’t the case for me . I had the re-sit the cable a few times on the htc vibe end.. once in knew the cable was good . You jisr disconnect it from the box and intot the WiFi adapter and bam! It may not work but at least you will know it in correctly

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed Mine

I had the same issue and tried everything except for moving the card inside my pc. I wanted to exhaust all other issues. I ended up chaning the usb cable that goes from the wireless headset adapter to the power supply with another I had around the house. It solved the issue and I was able to verify that when I switch back to the cable that came with the device that it comes back with the same errors. 

I'm sure this won't solve it for everyone but one more thing to try. Good luck.