Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nw15062 is on to something (for me). Disable "Super I/O Clock Skew" and put the WiGig card in a PCI slot you can explicitly set to X1 bandwidth, Gen 3 mode. I haven't verified that each of these steps is necessary, but I shotgunned all three changes to my system and everything works now (edit:) it becomes playable. It still BSODs.

Here's the message I sent to support today:

I'm deviating a bit from the instructions because I believe it's been fixed (I've gotten in an hour of play time with several games and no issues). 

Previously, the WiGig card was plugged into the slot PCIEX1_1 on the Asus ROG Crosshair 6 Hero, nearest to the CPU:

This seemed to be in accordance with the suggestion in the manual. I left the BIOS untouched. This resulted in crashing at various times -- sometimes right when starting SteamVR, other times at the beginning of games, other times 10 minutes in.

Earlier today, Reddit user u/nw15062 made this suggestion to me:

"Explicitly assign the pcie slot to 1x mode and disable super I/o skewing in the bios under advanced> onboard device configuration."

I moved the card to PCIEX4_3, which I then manually assigned to X1 bandwidth and GEN3 mode, and disabled Super I/O Clock Skew. Now I'm up and running. I would like to test these variables independently -- I wonder if the clock skew disable is enough to fix it since the DPC Watchdog Violation is, in general, a timeout error. 

My MSIC X399 gaming pro carbon mobo will let me assign but tweaking anything in there seems to keep it from posting.

I also dont have the option for 1x only 4, 8, 16 depending on the slots. Tried setting all to 4x with the exception of the GPU and it wont post so thinking thats not the solution.