Mentalunicorn

Stop code: DCP_WATCHCODE_VIOLATION

Sometimes just a freeze without BSOD

Ryzen 7 2700x

32GB Trident Z RGB

Gigabyte X470 Aorus 7 Wifi Revision 1 Motherboard BIOS ver F4

EVGA 1070 SC

AsRock Rx 580 8GB 

[GTX Card was card for gaming monitor and VR when wired, Rx card is for my spare monitors, needed ports and VRAM]

XPG 960 NVMe SSD 3x4

Fresh install of windows 10 64bit build 1803 updated.

All overclocks were removed and bios settings were reset to defaults. 

Crashes occur regardless of the GPU config, I have tried removing one, and then using the other. Doing multimonitor accross both, multimonitor on a single card, or single monitor on a single card. It seems that it prolongs uptime but I eventually crash. If I have the headset connected without steam VR open, it takes longer to crash, but eventually still does.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding my setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7

CPU: Ryzen 1700x

RAM: Trident Z RGB 16gb cl14

GPU: Gigabyte Vega 64 8GB

SSD: Crucial Nvme 500gb

Capture Card: Avermedia Live Gamer HD 2

Tried all PCI-E slots. When the computer doesnt hard lock, it gives BSOD, same DPC Watchdog Violation as previous posters.

Same issues as most here. In general I can get the wireless adapter to work for 5-10 mins before either A) getting a blue screen that lasts for a few seconds then the game comes back or B) gettting a blue screen that completely locks up my pc and requires a hard restart. When it is working the image is laggy, compressed and pixelated and makes me really nauseous. Spoke with customer service last night and they said no eta on a fix so I just switched back to the wire last bc the adapter renders the system pretty much unplayable.

Spec:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8-Core Processor 3.0GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
  • 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM
  • Asus Prime B350-PLUS MOBO
  • Wireless link card installed in PCIEx1 slot

Just as a quick update:

In addition to setting the PCI slots to explicit 1X / Gen3, I have clocked the CPU down to 3.5Ghz and the RAM to 2400Mhz. In this configuration, I can't get it to crash.

That's unfortunate some mobos don't have the option to explicitly set those speeds on PCI slots. C6H is X370.

I just got my Vive Wireless adapter today and just set it up. I also have a Ryzen CPU. I don't get the BSOD, but Beat Saber just freezes partway through a song. The PC screen is okay, but the Vive Pro HMD just goes gray or black. I don't seem to be able to ctrl-alt-del or anything, have to reboot the PC. Is this the same problem? Pretty gorram frustrating.

You guys are making assumptions that all ryzen systems are affected.. I have a 2700x and have zero issues.. I have played over 2- 3 hours of each of the following games since monday : The lab, gorn, super hot VR, space pirate trainer, Arizona sunshine, pavlov, beat saber and budget cuts.

The only real issue I'm having is the included battery pack charges hella slow even on a QC charger.. I'm gonna continue my testing later and will report if I encounter any ACTUAL problems.

My specs -

CPU : ryzen 2700x

Ram : 16GB gskill tridentz rgb 3200mhz cl14

Mobo: Asus rog strix x470

GFX card : zotac GTX 1060 6GB

Boot drive: 500GB Samsung m.2 SSD

Agreed, I put my notes back on page 2 and it's running great on my Threadripper 1950x with the card installed in the second PCI-E x16 slot on my motherboard (running at x8). Motherboard is Gigabyte x399 Aorus Xtreme, never had any issues but I saw this popping up on reddit for others.