PC Headset plugged into wrong video card with wireless vive adapter

zeshin

I wanted to add info that might help. When I launch a game like vrchat, the headset will show it indefinitely loading, the game will act load up on the desktop. Not only that, but the display shows everything working fine, tracking and all, it's just the error is there and the headset gets no information.

Yup, exactly. I notice the game booting up and even tracking properly but the headset continues inifinitely loading and I get the error.

The SLI is a good point. I had to unplug my SLI bridge to add the vive wireless card in between the two heat-spewing behemoths of a card (comfy :) ) and though I plugged it back in, I did not change any settings when booting up so it's possible SLI mode was reset.

I also have the original Vive, maybe I can try to reproduce on that as you said, but for now it's confirmed only on Pro in a dual 1080 Ti.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, many games do not start on HMD but on monitor seem to boot correctly. "Raw data", "Robo heist" for example. Other games like "Arizona sunshine", "Hover junkers" and "Gorn" work fine. I tried to connect the monitor with HDMI instead of the display port, to connect it on the scecond GPU but nothing...

My setuo is: Vive Pro + Wireless adapter,  i7, 16 Gb DDR4, M.2 RAID 0 HDDs, SLI 2x 1080Ti (Aorus liquid)

• 3 weeks later...

Anything running the UNREAL engine dies with the same issue. Xplane has the same issue too (non steam version) 

Fellas a basic lack of testing the product, this is not impressive at all. 

I have to pull a heavily invested 1080GTX out of my machine or go back to wire....Kak options post spending the money for the pro and now the wireless. 

• 2 months later...

I have this problem, saying that it is pluged into the wrong graphics card and i dont know why. i have had my vive for 2 weeks with nothing working. I can get vr-home to work and gorn and that is it. im not sure if it has somthing to do with my moniter or my graphics card, but im not happy. please some one help me

• 1 year later...