Error 400 (Compositor not available) - Symptoms and Solutions

Tianqi

• 2 months later...

None of the steps in this thread have worked for me. It's getting pretty frustrating, especially because this isn't a cheap purchase. If there are no fixes for this, it'll be an easy reason for me to preach to people to NOT purchase this product, unless you want to throw away close to a grand.

Hi 

I appreciate that it's frustrating.  Every set up is unique, are you asking for assistance?

Please tell me more about your set up (OS etc.)

Can you also double check and confirm whether the Vive is being detected as a monitor? Right click desktop-->display settings.

Thanks!

John

• 3 months later...
Keep receiving error 400 when trying to setup my htc vive
I have an Asus Gaming laptop with NVidia GeForce GTX 1050ti graphics card,. I have updated my drives, tried rebooting , unplugging and trying different usb ports, tried using a mini display port instead of hdmi because my laptop has 1 hdmi port but nothing is working and I keep receiving same error code. I need help thanks!
  • th-generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo to 3.8GHz)
  • Discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics; 1TB 7200RPM HDD and 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • 17.3" Wide view Full-HD Display, 1920x1080 resolution
  • Red-backlit gaming keyboard with anti-ghosting technology, 1.8mm key travel distance, and N-Key Rollover
  • 3x USB 3.0, 1x USB3.1 Type C (Gen 1), 1x USB 2.0, 1x Microphone-in jack, 1x Headphone-out jack, 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1x HDMI, 1x mini Display Port

ASUS Gaming Laptop, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Intel Core i7, 17.3” Wideview FHD Display, 8GB DDR4, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Backlit Keyboard, FX73VE

• 7 months later...

It isn't just under the minimum requirements, it's significantly under the minimum requirements. In a very broad sense, the GTX 570 is less than half as capable as the GTX 1060, which is our minimum recommended GPU for Vive.

Even if you solve Error 400, the games will be unplayable.

Thank you,

-John C

Archived