Text fonts pixellated after installation of Wireless on Vive Pro

jon_bondy

The Vive Pro works, for the most part, but text often appears in blocky, pixellated fonts that were not present before the upgrade.  Any idea how to fix this?  For example, Space Pirate Trainer looks fine during game play, but when it first starts up, much of the text is difficult to read.  Same for the "home" location where you select games.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I have something similar with pixellation of fonts so bad they're unreadable. Actually everything is quite pixellated.

Did you or others manage to fix this? Driving me nuts. Don't want to return wireless adapter if I can fix it.

Thanks! Eddie

wrote:

The Vive Pro works, for the most part, but text often appears in blocky, pixellated fonts that were not present before the upgrade.  Any idea how to fix this?  For example, Space Pirate Trainer looks fine during game play, but when it first starts up, much of the text is difficult to read.  Same for the "home" location where you select games.

Some users have been able to resolve this by swapping which slot the PCIe card is placed in. Generally, the closer to the CPU the better seems to be the consensus. Unfortunately, it could simply be a bad motherboard as we've found in our testing.

Before you do anything drastic though, make sure the GPU drivers are up to date.

Thank you,

-John C

wrote:

Some users have been able to resolve this by swapping which slot the PCIe card is placed in. Generally, the closer to the CPU the better seems to be the consensus. Unfortunately, it could simply be a bad motherboard as we've found in our testing.

Before you do anything drastic though, make sure the GPU drivers are up to date.

Thank you,

-John C

Hi John

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm trying really hard to get it working - I've updated all drivers... I'll try swapping slots again and see if that works. I was up from 12am to 8am trying to get it working - last resort I'll just return it if all else fails :-(

Best regards and thanks for replying,

Eddie

Archived