Virtual object orientation 90 degrees off

NewfiBoy

I realize this may not be a priority or there is difficulty in fixing it but is any response at all? It's been quite a while with no response at all.

As I mentioned before, it's at minimum tied directly to usig the wireless adapter. As per my previous post, all is fine with a wired connection. Reproduction shoudl be simply.

Please let me know if this is a lost cause so I can explain why I'm asking for a refund after waiting all this time.

Andre

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll reach out FreeRange games today and ask for an update. FreeRange games is an indie studio outside of HTC so we can't really "force" them to fix the bug and can only help facilitate their efforts. I know they were trying to update the entire project to a newer build of Unity at last word.

The issue actually isn't specific to wireless - I've been able to repro on wired. 

Thanks for the reply. I'm only bothering you with this as Vive Studios is listed as the Publisher so I thought you'd have a more direct path to Free Range.

Interesting about the issue appearing with a wired connection. In my case, everything is fine with a wired connection. Table tennis racket is fine and tennis racket is "in hand" but as soon as I switch to a wireless connection, both are an issue. Table tennis racket is perpendicular to controler and tennis racket floats above my head.

Again, if it helps, I don't see the option to change the grip on the table tennis racket when I'm using a wired connection but I do when wired.

Thanks for the follow up.

Andre

We've definitely  been in contact with them; it's more that they're an indie studio and sometimes issues like this can take massive amounts of effort to solve because something is broken at a pretty fundamental integration level.

From the compositor prospective, the app doesn't see a difference between a wired and a wired HMD as OpenVR reports it identically. 

I do understand this can take time. Just wanted to see if it was being looked at or if there were other priorities at the moment. Thanks for the follow up.

"From the compositor prospective, the app doesn't see a difference between a wired and a wired HMD as OpenVR reports it identically. "

That is strange and I understand what you are saying. I wonder what can be happening as in my case at least, wireless results in a problem every time and wired does not. The issue of the missing grip option in table tennis is strange as it's there when wired and not there when wireless but there is not reference to a tracker being used or I can't find it. I don't own / use a tracker in my case either.

I guess we'll see what they can come up with. I'll leave you alone for a while :)

Thanks,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I’m using a controller but I do have trackers now but The trackers are not used as the ping-pong racket only for my feet And waste

This used to be my 2nd favorite game but I stop playing it because until I can fix the Problem it’s not playable

Star Trek is my first most favorite game

• 3 weeks later...

Still no response at all about the wireless adaptor problems. I can only assume neither the developer nor the publisher care about this problem.

The game simply does not work with the wireless adaptor and no response at all is ridiculous.

All I can do is share my experience at this point and save others the frustration.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this, I have the exact same problem. Played with wire yesterday, worked fine. Today I got the wireless and have exactly the same problems as described above. Table tennis racket rotated 90 degrees, and tennis racket floating high in the air.

Archived