Vive Wireless Setup doesn’t find SteamVR

Esorb

Hi,

I‘m trying to install Vive Wireless, but when I start ViveWirelessSetup.exe, it immediately says it can‘t find SteamVR although it is installed and working fine.

I checked the installation path, it seems to be the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR

I already tried reinstalling SteamVR and moving ViveWirelessSetup.exe to this directory (as supposed in another thread).

I‘m running Win10 x64 on a business PC which means I do not have admin rights so maybe this could be an issue? I had to ask a sysadmin to start the .exe with his login though and it showed the error mentioned above.

Hoping for any suggestions.

Best Regards!

Hi,

We’re experiencing the same issue under similar circumstances. Steam VR installed in the same directory and administrator attempting remote install. Installers says it can't find Steam VR.

Windows 10 Education

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Neil

The University for the Creative Arts

Hi John,

yes, network is also restricted. I didn't mention it because I haven't thought it would be a matter here. But I have the opportunity to connect to an open network at our IT department, if you think this could help.

We are running SteamVR Version 1539100633.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived