Vive(OG) screen goes grey and stops tracking when home/dashboard button is pressed.

gokitty199

Everytime i press the home button on the vive controllers, the dashboard loads up just fine for about 2 seconds before my vive screens go solid grey and steam vr says the headset and such is not tracking. sometimes it will fix itself after about 15 seconds(after i press the button to close the dashboard while everything is grey) and sometimes i have to shut down steamvr and start over. i have done a fresh install of the vive setup software and updated my controllers and lighthouses to the latest firmware along with a pc restart, but the issue is still aparent.

, I haven't heard anything quite like this - do you have any third party dashboards that are installed such as OpenVRAdvancedSettings? When you hit this button, does CPU or GPU usage spike (as monitored by Window's task manager)?

The newest SteamVR versions have some bugs relating to dashboards - it may be related to that. When you install the Vive software, it really doesn't affect the SteamVR installation. Can you try switching to the safety branch that's currently being hosted - instructions on how to roll back can be found here. This may help address the issue and have the added benefit of forcing SteamVR itself to reinstall if you switch back to the main branch. 

yes they are, nothing visibly changes with the lighthouses. i did have a little change just now when testing it and it has done this once before. a few seconds after everything goes grey, my headset shows the vive dashboard and is being tracked(moves around just fine on my head), but my controller will not track when this occurs as if it half fixes itself.

• 1 year later...