Any exclusive games coming out for HTC vive and it's real expectation?

Dru16

Any exlusive games coming out in the upcoming year for HTC Vive compare to the Rift and PSVR? 

I hope Vive can destroy the competition in the exlusive game department taking full advantage of it's potential; complete games instead of demos; education and learning games; simulation games, training games for example: Driving a truck, tracker,  law enforcement shooting range or military, etc.  

I REALLY hope that Vive doesn't go down the exclusivity line. PC gaming is all about being open with both hardware and software. If HTC tries to limit the amount of people to play their games (which  already aren't much tbh, until VR becomes more mainstream), they will limit the amount of people able to play their games. Already, Valve has been using OpenVR, allowing Rift uses to use some games. Hopefully SteamVR becomes even more open, allowing devs to develop easily for multiple platforms!

First of all, , I do not speak for the entire games industry (there's no way I could). I can't really speak for HTC on this either, as I don't work directly with our teams who work with developers. Also, I'm not Valve. Who knows what they're doing? (I bet whatever it is, it's good.)

All of that said, from a Viveport perspective, we're not that interested in exclusives. We believe in growing the VR 'ecosystem' and we believe that means you need more apps, more software and more options - not less. Of course we want people to invest in a Vive, but having the widest possible range of software available is one of the things we hope will get people to come onboard.

Software exclusives are an old, well-worn way of doing business, and in a market where you're a 'platform holder' there are good business reasons to do them. While Vive (and Viveport) are platforms, I think it's clear from the partnership we have with Valve, their OpenVR initiatives and what we're doing with Viveport that we like to think 'open'.

Try not to think of this as a zero-sum game. No-one has to be 'destroyed' for the market to thrive. We'd rather have the competition, to be honest. It means hopefully we'll all push forward and developers can make better apps and software.

Having said all of that, I'm sure the future is bright for Vive and for Vive apps. Developers are only just starting to get to grips with what's possible, and I'm certain what we see - even in a year - will be well beyond what we're getting now. :)

Archived