Reset Laptop, reinstalled Windows 10, Now Vive not detected by steamvr

CaptainrogerMD

I reset my Laptop (Asus Rog GL702VSK GTX 1070) since it was starting to run slow, I had been using my HTC Vive with no problems prior to the reset. Now when I downloaded all the required software (like the Vive guide and steamvr) and followed all the instructions my headset is not recognized by my computer. The Vive headset has a blinking red light, Steamvr says "Not Ready" with no devices shown at all, not even greyed out. I have tried bypassing the link box and connecting the headset directly but I hear a usb connected sound and then a few seconds later a disconnect sound, it keeps doing that as long as its plugged in. I have also tried plugging a usb flashdrive to the link box to see if my computer recognizes it and it never shows up. Any help is appreciated.

Reinstalling the USB drivers via this guide can be a helpful first step; Otherwise is pretty difficult to make a guess on what's going on as it seems to be a software issue that's specifically related to your new OS environment - the USB drivers are perhaps the best place to start. Your behavior sounds like it could almost be a HMD issue but it sounds like nothing changed except your OS. 

I'm not sure if plugging a USB drive into the linkbox would actually work and tells us anything - the linkbox expects both USB and a video signal. 

Thanks for the reply, I have used the guide you mentioned to no avail. My computer is not installing any of the drivers so it may be the hardware at fault. I tried connecting the vive using all my usb ports and none of them worked. The HMD is blinking red, not sure if its the headset or the link box that aren't working. 

Archived