One HTC Vive base station keeps losing tracking

Edmund45

Hi so i recently moved and just got done setting up my htc vive again. I have two base stations that are about 7 and 1/2 feet high and i am around 6 ft 2. For some reason one of my base stations keep losing tracking of my headset and controllers whenever i am pointed in its direction i have tried ajusting the base station and even swaping coners of the room but no matter what i do i always lose tracking when i point in the direction of that base station.

If possible anybody have any clue how i can fix this its quite annoying and i would hate to need to buy another base station since both of mine do not show any physical signs of dammage. Also i have my base stations syncing wirelessly not with the sync cable.

One test to run. Set the trouble base station to Channel A and run it alone. Does it track? If yes, do the same thing with the other one. That should help you figure out exactly where the problem lies. I'd recommend having the culprit unit RMA'd for tracking loss.

Thanks,

-John C

I put the trouble base station on A and ran it along and it didnt track at all. I then tried the same thing with the other base station and it worked perfectly fine, it actually seemed to track better by itself then with the other one on.

, Return Merchandise Authorization. Basically we authorize you to send the equipment to a repair center and provide you an RMA tracking number to afix to the gear. For North America, you'll want to use the live chat on https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/ and request a basestatoin RMAfor that base station (you'll need to tell them the serial number). Please avoid using the "email us" form on that page and stick to live chat for the fastest response. 

Archived