How to apply equaliser to Vive Pro Nvidia High Def Audio?

imacken

Ok, so here is my problem.  In order to compensate for the poor bass in the Vive Pro NVidia HD Audio device, I like to apply low frequency boost to that device.  However, when the Equaliser tries to set the changes to the device on Windows startup, it doesn't find it as the HD Audio device doesn't appear till after SteamVR is started!

Any ideas?

SteamVR needs to be running in order to enumerate (initialize) the HMD and it's Display and Audio devices; there's no reliable way to get the HMD's Audio devices to initialize without SteamVR being open, and in most workaround scenarios, everything would get boinked up when SteamVR is opened and applies it's audio settings ontop of Window's base settings. You probably wouldn't want to start SteamVR on boot because it may waste resources. 

That was my question in the first place! So, basically the answer is that an equaliser cannot be applied to the HD Audio device. 

I know there are lots of other threads both here and elsewhere re the poor bass performance of that device, but is there any other way to enhance the bass to get it to a normal level? Or, are Vive working on a solution to this very annoying issue?

Archived