Tracking dead zone with large tracking space

dsitnick

I'm using a larger tracking space with 6 SteamVR 2.0 lighthouses. (About 3m x 6m) My goal is to perform a Room Setup that accounts for all 6 of the lighthouses.

I'm running into the following issue:

When I perform room setup, I walk around the room so that all of the lighthouses are recognized. However, as I'm walking, the more distant lighthouses seem to be de-registered by SteamVR. (The icons go grey and then disappear in the SteamVR window). 

The consequence of this is, when the setup is complete, the areas covered by the de-registered trackers have very poor tracking. I am unable to guarantee that the entire tracked space has good tracking.

I'd love insights into the best practices for this situation. Is SteamVR 2.0 capable of doing this?

Thanks!

-----

Edit: I realize now that SteamVR 2.0 only officially supports 4 base stations at a time. Are there any workarounds, or plans to introduce this functionality in future updates?

, I will send you additional information about SteamVR 2.0 tracking.

SteamVR 2.0 only supports tracking data from 4 basestations per HMD/SteamVR instance at this point in time. There currently exists no production method to pull tracking data from more than 4 stations. SteamVR 2.0 basestations should not be more than 5.5m apart from one another. 

Archived