[Request] UE4's MotionController support

demonixis

Hello,

Today it's not possible to use UE4 default MotionController with the SDK. We've to use the WaveVRMotionController, or doing some stuff by ourself. Because it's not very conveniant to use the SDK with an existing project that targets other VR SDKs, is it possible to support directly the MotionController please?

That sounds great! I have to admit that I'm waiting UE4.21 support as well as MotionController support.

Another question, do you have plans to support Mobile Multiview and Mobile Multiview Direct? Those are interesting optimizations..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for informations. If I understand well, the next update is planned for Q3, that means no support for UE4.22 before 4.23 release (which will be released to Q3 too). May I ask why the WaveVR SDK is not synchronized with current release? I can understand that some features like Multiview are maybe hard to implement, but supporting the latest version of UE4 is IMHO required today for mobile VR because it's evolving a lot. UE4.22 adds many goodness for mobile, including VR. I would love to see an update for 4.22 as soon as possible. Or maybe, having the full code source access to compile the plugin for 4.22 by ourselve?

Thanks.

Hi  ,

Thanks for your comment to raise the urgent request to support 4.22 with many good improvements for Mobile platform. We're evaluating the difference and effort internally how to speed up the solution, and I'll update more in this thread.

Thank you for the quick update.

The changelog is just here and contains many usefull features that will help us during our work.

- Per Platform LODs, you can choose the minimum LOD level per object, per platform, it's a must have when doing a port of an existing content that runs on an higher platform (HTC Vive)

- Compilation time improved a lot

- C++ Live coding, the iteration time is much faster, similare to what we have with Unity

- Mesh drawing refactoring, UE4 will try to make instance if possible, resulting in a good speed boost

- Blueprint indexing for faster loading

There are many other features, but those ones are the TOP for mobile VR.

Archived