HMD - A strange pink static glitch screen and then the screen goes black.

patrk

Hi, I have an original HTC Vive, the HMD is now starting to act up on me. A strange pink static glitch screen  and then the screen goes black. I have checked all cables, connections etc and all seems ok.

I reboot again, its works for a while and then goes black again whilst playing in VR. Is this a known occurrence/bug/flaw? or maybe some latest steamVR update issue?

thanks

Hi,

When I play a VR build (unity) its fine for about 5 -10  mins, then it just cuts to a black screen. Everything is fine in the unity editor and the base stations ar all fine, all the green icons in steamVR are fine, x2 base stations, x2 contollers and the HMD, but the HMD screen is just suddenly black, both eyes. The first time it did this there was a slight fizzing noise, the screen went grey with a pink and green static lines on it and then went black. I have checked all cables etc and all is ok, there was a odd humming noise from one of the base stations plugs but that has cleared up now? would that be the issue or else could it be the x3 wires actually going into the headset  itself? I have used this set up for 18 months now and never an issue before, and nothing has changed, no drops of equipment, nothing at all. its starting to happen more frequently now and its as if the headset is getting ready to die permantely. whats the guarantee/warranty on RMA etc? I've looked at a few forums and the HMD going black seems to be a common enough thing? thanks

If you've confirmed the cables are good, it may well be the HMD itself. The static lines suggest display damage. However, make absolutely certain it's not the cables as that's usually the issue and it's much easier to fix.

Thank you,

-John C

I’ve actually just got that weird pink line thing again after pressing play and then to black, here is a rough idea of what it looks like below.  I have just checked the cable connections, I’m not sure what else I can do re: cables without replacing them to see if thats the issue?

Archived